Rob had to go to a work meeting in Paris. I have always wanted to go to Paris, so I decided to tag along. We were lucky enough to have Rob's parents come watch the kids.

On the way to Paris we scheduled a long lay over in Amsterdam. We got there in the early morning. The only ones awake were us and the ladies in the red light district so we walked the canals until things started opening up. Then we had breakfast and went for a boat ride on through the canals. The city was very cool and the history was quite amazing.

The Eiffel Tower

We loved walking around Paris and people watching (of course with Rob as the tour guide there was always an agenda).
The Louvre
Notre Dame
Versailles (My favorite)
The last two days of our trip Rob had meetings. Luckily for me, Elissa (a good friend from South Carolina, who's husband also works for Michelin) came to Paris too. Their family moved to England right before we moved to Connecticut. We were able to spend hours in a cafe getting all caught up! Oh yeah and a little site seeing too.
I don't even know if the kids noticed that we were gone. Well, maybe they noticed, but I can't say they didn't have more fun with the Grandparents than with Mom and Dad. The only big event while we were gone... Briggs lost his first tooth!!
No comments:
Post a Comment