Monday, June 15, 2009

The Dirty South

One of the things I have wanted to do since we moved to the South, is go to Dollywood. We tried to get several different occasions to get people to go with us, but I think they really thought we were joking. What better way to experience the South! I figured even if the attractions were not fun, the people watching would make it well worth the while. So, even though we could not convince any of the locals to go on our little adventure, we were able to convince Bob and Shelley. I not sure if it was because they did not know any better or maybe more the fact that they are always willing to do anything with their grand kids.
We actually had a great time and the Smokey Mountains were beautiful!!



Dollywood

Owen and Briggs loved this water area they had for kids. It was perfect, because they were entertained with that while Rob, Bob, and Shelley could go on the "big kid" rides

Are you kidding me, mom!!

Owen loved this ride. I have never heard him laugh and squeal like he did on this. I'm not sure if it was more fun to watch him on this ride or for him to ride it.


Rice Krispy Treat as big as Briggs!!







Don't worry Dad I will push you!!

Believe It or Not... We went to the Ripley's Aquarium

They had an interactive kids area the boys loved


Briggs and his "1st favorite animal"

The tunnel where we were surrounded by all sorts of different sea animals



The Zorb Ball.
This was the highlight of Rob's trip. Luckily he found someone that would share in the fun with him. For those who are not aware (as I was not before). The best way to describe a zorb ball is a giant placenta looking thing that is filled with water. You get inside of it and roll down the hill.



"Take a picture, I am a dinosaur, Rooaar"

Ober Gatlinburg Tram


Chair lift to the alpine slide

Owen and Grandma

And that would be the pregnant women they had to make sure no one was on the track in front of me or behind me when I went down.

4 comments:

Nicole said...

I didn't know what Dollywood was--I had to look it up. Pretty funny, but I totally would have been up for going too! Good for you for going to experience it! :) The orb thing looks crazy; I've never seen anything like it. So does it just spray water as you go down? I love that Rob and Shelley did it though--that is so awesome!

Your boys are as cute as ever! They are so lucky to have g-parents visit so often. You look great too--you are so cute prego!

glen, paige, & baby preston said...

These pictures are too cute (especially the last one)! I want to go to Dollywood!

Chareese said...

I love Owen's face on his favorite ride...priceless!

Krista said...

You guys are having WAAAAAAY too much fun down south. Will we ever be able to pull you away from Dollywood? Don't you miss the desert?